A once in a lifetime opportunity!
Become a backer of my Book Lush campaign at the Betty McDonald level and you will receive a five-day stay at Betty’s cabin. This is the cabin featured in Betty’s book Onions in the Stew. Although, you may know Betty best for her book The Egg and I, or her Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle series.
Gorgeous. There is no way I could express in this blog post the beautiful and magic of this place. You enter the cabin on the east end, through a wooden door in a stone wall that remind me of Snow White’s cabin. Once in, you open door after door to discover new wings and rooms. Mornings are best spent on the wide porch perched above Puget Sound, where you can sip you coffee and watch the otters swim by.
Inspirational. If you happen to read Onions in the Stew during your stay, you’ll appreciate Betty’s dreaming of one-day being able to improve her house with income earned by her books, and how she would put a fireplace in every room. How empowering to be sitting before those very fireplaces she wrote about.
Flexible. You may choose to come for a solo stay to work on your writing or general meditations on life. You can bring along a lover to share those nights in front of the fireplace. You can even choose to bring a group – perhaps even your kids!
Nitty Gritty Details:
- The cabin is located on beautiful Vashon Island, just a ferry ride away from Seattle, WA.
- Waterfront! There is about 300 ft of beach right in front of the cabin.
- “Cabin” is an overly-quaint descriptor for this house. The house features 4 bed rooms, 4 bathrooms, a large dining room with a table that seats 12, a lovely grand room with a giant stone fireplace, plus another side house that sleeps 4.
- Bring your own wifi. The cabin is modern and features quality appliances, heat and electricity.
- This must be redeemed in 2014. Scheduling will be worked out with the cabin’s owner, author Abigail Carter.
- The house has a fully equipped kitchen. All you need to bring is food.
- Dogs are welcome!
Cost: $1500 backing pledge on my Book Lush kickstarter campaign. Become a backer here!