A book release party can be a celebration of all the blood, sweat, and tears you put into your book, or it can be a nightmare of bad timing, SNAFU logistics, and low turnout. The trick is to plan well. For the Writer.ly community, Scott James detailed exactly how to plan, promote, and throw an amazing book release party without losing your mind or breaking your budget.
- Crafting an Event Story: Why should people be excited about your release?
- Choosing a Location: What makes a good party venue?
- Presentation: Make your event special without breaking the bank.
- Support: What kind of assistance can you ask for?
- Promotion: How can you get your fans and new readers there with you?
While I hosted this webinar, I focused also on recording Scott's suggestions for my own use. These are some of the best ideas I've ever heard for a successful book release party. Scott is one of those that gets it.
RECORDED WEBINAR: How to throw an amazing DIY book release party
Scott's bio: Scott Andrew James is a marketing ally for authors. Through the Redhat Publishing Project, he coaches authors on social media and marketing outreach and speaks about marketing, Kickstarter campaigns, and time management throughout the country. He blogs daily at DIY Author (http://klat.com/blogs/diy-author) about marketing tips and tricks. As San Francisco Community Manager for Writer.ly, he thrives on connecting authors and freelancers to help get better books out into the world. Find Scott at @scottandjames and http://redhatproject.com.